The FDA just cleared the first “laser comb” device to treat women’s hair loss: http://hairmax.com/fda_hairmax_female_clearance.
The HairMax LaserComb, which uses low level lasers to stimu
lte hair growth, is the first at-home device to receive FDA clearance.
Hair loss is often thought to be exclusively a problem for men, but over 30 million women suffer from hair loss. In fact, nearly half the patients we see at our clinic are women.
About female hair loss:
- More than half of all women over 40 experience hair loss
- Women can inherit a ‘hair loss gene,’ just like men
- Hair loss occurs differently in women than in men - i.e., “thinning”
- It can be caused by hormonal changes, due to menopause and pregnancy along with age, medications, dieting, bad health, etc.
- There are special treatments for women: Rogaine For Women, vitamin supplements, micro-surgical hair transplants and even Latisse (the Brooke Shields eyelash drug)
- A new genetic test can predict a woman’s risk of hair loss