- More than half of all women over 40 experience hair loss
- Women can inherit a ‘hair loss gene,’ just like men
- Hair loss occurs differently in women than in men - i.e., “thinning”
- It can be caused by hormonal changes, due to menopause and pregnancy along with age, medications, dieting, bad health, etc.
- There are special treatments for women: Rogaine For Women, vitamin supplements, micro-surgical hair transplants and even Latisse (the Brooke Shields eyelash drug)
- A new genetic test can predict a woman’s risk of hair loss
Click here to see Dr. Bauman discuss female hair loss on WPBF: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZdRPdXs4V0