Did you know that half of women over 40 experience hair loss?
Tomorrow we'll be discussing female hair loss with Lifetime TV's popular morning show, The Balancing Act (7am ET). Our focus with the segment is to give women actionable information they can use to reverse the process and grow a thicker, fuller, healthier head of hair.
Key facts about women’s hair loss:
- Over 30 million women in the US suffer from hair loss
- More than half of all women over 40 experience hair loss
- Women can inherit a ‘hair loss gene,’ just like men
- Hair loss occurs differently in women than in men - i.e., “thinning”
- Hormonal changes and nutrition often play a key factor in women’s hair loss - due to menopause or perimenopause, pregnancy, medications, crash diets and bad health
- New genetic tests can predict a woman’s risk of hair loss and their response to treatment
We’ll be diving into several important new treatment options that you’ve probably never heard of - but they’re the best treatments out there for protecting a woman’s hairline, including:
- LaserCap - Low level laser therapy is an exciting new FDA cleared treatment option that’s particularly well-suited for women. The best device out there is the ‘LaserCap,’ which delivers clinical-grade light energy over the entire scalp to stimulate weak or dying hair follicles.
- Formula 82M - A new upgrade on the FDA-approved topical treatment minoxidil (aka Rogaine). Formula 82M has a better delivery mechanism, less side effects, and dramatically improves the efficacy of this powerful treatment.
- Vampire PRP Cell Therapy - Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) is a well-known regenerative treatment used in sports injuries, nerve damage and oral surgery. Its powerful growth factors can also help restore dwindling hair follicles.
- Latisse/bimatoprost - FDA-approved to grow longer, thicker eyelashes, Latisse is also an effective treatment for regrowing hair on the scalp.
- Viviscal Pro - This marine-derived nutritional supplement has been scientifically tested for its effectiveness in helping to boost the hair. Some of Hollywood’s top stars use it.
- Shampoos - Pantene’s new Thickening Treatment can make hair look thicker, denser and fuller. Other shampoo products can also affect the action of the hair-killing hormone DHT.
- NeoGraft FUE Hair Transplant - For women who are past the point of recovery with Formula 82M, Latisse and low level lasers, a new minimally-invasive procedure called NeoGraft FUE is the only option. This new no-scalpel/no-stitch micro-surgical hair transplant offers dramatic results for patients.
- Eyebrow/Eyelash Transplants - Over-plucking the brows can cause follicular damage and permanent brow loss. A new microsurgical procedure called the eyebrow transplant can create new living, growing eyebrows. The same procedure also works for the eyelashes.