Monday, May 2, 2016

Kaley Cuoco Ditches Short Hair

Photo by PR Photos

Kaley Cuoco celebrated wrapping up another season of her hit show with a new look. The star ditched her character's bob for long extensions, saying on Instagram of the decision, "It's very important for me to change my look after wrapping each season :) I love playing Penny, but it's good for me to bring it back to Kaley, last year I chopped it all off- this year I'm doing the opposite."

While extensions may seem like an easy way to change up your style, they aren't without risks. 

The reality is, hair extensions are actually extremely harmful to the hair follicles. Because of the excess weight and pulling, hair extensions, when worn too much, can lead to a type of hair loss called "traction alopecia." Traction alopecia is a form of "scarring alopecia" and characterized by an obliteration of the hair follicles. Hair transplantation is the most effective way to reverse this condition.

If you are a regular user of hair extensions, weaves, braids or wigs that attach to the hair, your hair follicles are in danger of permanent damage.

Hollywood often leads the world when it comes to style, but this is one trend I recommend avoiding!

No comments: