When it comes to hair loss, we hardly ever think of women - but did you know women are almost just as at risk as men?
To learn more about female hair loss, including new treatment options for women, tune in tomorrow morning for my interview with Live Miami at 11am on NBC Miami.
- More than half of all women over 40 experience hair loss
- Women can inherit a ‘hair loss gene,’ just like men
- Hair loss occurs differently in women than in men - i.e., “thinning”
- It can be caused by hormonal changes, due to menopause and pregnancy along with age, medications, dieting, bad health, etc.
- There are special treatments for women: Rogaine For Women, vitamin supplements, micro-surgical hair transplants and even Latisse (the Brooke Shields eyelash drug)
- A new genetic test can predict a woman’s risk of hair loss